ERIC W. SIZEMORE
314 South Elm St.
Champaign, Illinois 61820
August 2003 to Present: Graduate Assistant for University
of Illinois, Library and Information Science Library, Urbana, IL. Susan Searing,
Library and Information Science Librarian. (217) 333-4456.
• Supporting collection development,
preparing proposals for library upgrades to enhance usage of the library
and library’s website, reference, and instruction.
• Preparing readings for electronic reserves including scanning, OCR,
and linking through proxy server.
• Daily updating of the library’s website (www.library.uiuc.edu/lsx/).
August 2002 to August 2003: Graduate Assistant for University of Illinois GSLIS Publications Office, Champaign, IL. Marlo
Welshons, Director. (217) 244-4643, (www.lis.uiuc.edu/puboff/).
• Carried out reference checking and
proper citation formatting for four issues of Library Trends, a quarterly
journal of library practice. This highly interdisciplinary research required regularly learning new
databases and meeting strict deadlines.
• Developed a training guide for my replacement.
August 2001 to February 2002: Library Clerk
III for University of Illinois Library, Acquisitions, Urbana, IL. Lisa German,
Acquisitions Librarian. (217) 333-1054, (gateway.library.uiuc.edu/acq/).
• Performed serials check-in duties,
including clerical work, writing statistical summaries, data entry, and adding
• Developed a working knowledge of DRA, and the Innovative Millennium
April 2000 to August 2001: Account Executive for Riverwatcher, Inc., Champaign, IL. Tron Fu, Owner. (217) 355-1555, (www.riverwatcher.com).
• Sold Internet programming, web design,
ISDN, DSL, and T-1 lines, arranged related services such as email accounts, web
hosting, server co-location.
• Prepared contracts for web design services, helped clients plan Internet
upgrades, and provided on-going support for clients.
September 1999 to April 2000: Freelance
Sales for CUOut.com, Champaign, IL. Brian Pianfetti, Owner. (217) 352-3431;
and Sales for Skynetworks, Inc., Champaign. Bryan Brooks, Owner (217) 373-1390.
• In 6 months doubled the number of
paid advertisers on CUOut.com’s web portal site (www.cuout.com),
and increased Skynetworks’ sales by 50%.
• Sold web design services, advertising and high capacity wireless
January 1998 to September 1999: Business
Development Specialist at Willis Computing Specialists, Inc., Champaign,
IL. Tymothé E. Willis, Owner. (217) 355-1221, (www.williscomputing.com/).
• Successfully quadrupled the client
database and doubled sales.
• Developed monthly class schedules, researched new business opportunities,
formulated and implemented targeted marketing strategies.
Graduate School of Library and Information Science, University of Illinois,
Master of Science in Library and Information Science in May 2004, including
courses such as Competitive Intelligence, Information Consulting, Online
Information Systems and Business Reference.
Eastern Illinois University, Charleston
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts and Sciences in May 2000 with a concentration
in Business, including courses in International Economics, Marketing, Buyer Behavior, Management,
and Public Relations.
Training: Windows 98, XP, and 2000; Internet Explorer, Microsoft Outlook,
Microsoft Word, ACT!,
Dreamweaver MX, Fireworks MX and Adobe Photoshop.
• American Library Association - Chair, ALA Student Chapter Social
• Special Libraries Association
• Society for Competitive Intelligence Professionals